Join our team of passionate professionals forging the path to decarbonization
Whether you’re a seasoned environmentalist or someone who’s always wanted to be part of a greater movement for a sustainable future, you’ll be in good company at CSE. From project managers to energy efficiency gurus, EV enthusiasts to data nerds, we’re each doing our little part to make a big impact.
We move at the speed of business and operate with the heart of a nonprofit. This means we have a strong corporate infrastructure that includes finance, information technology, human resources and marketing functions that work together with our program administration teams to achieve our mission.
7 Jobs at CSEDisplaying 1 - 5 of 7
This General Counsel position reports directly to the president. The General Counsel sits on the Executive Leadership team. As General Counsel, the individual leads the contracting process with customers, partners, vendors, and governmental entities oversees the intellectual property, manages the corporate risk oversight functions, participates in the negotiation and documentation of any accretive transactions (including the formation of owned entities and the combination with other entities), participates with executive leadership in the maintenance and periodic strategic plan, and provides regular updates to the Board of Directors on matters inside of this responsibility set.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
>Manage the contracting and other legal processes with customers, partners, vendors, and government entities, including by leading negotiation and managing execution.
>Oversee intellectual property matters, including managing trademark activity and patent prosecution with outside counsel and overseeing licensing of technology.
>Oversee Associate Counsel management of corporate risk function, including compliance management and quarterly reporting on compliance and lobbying activities.
>Serve as a frontline interface with state and federal agency clients concerning contract matters.
>Contribute to the management of Corporate-wide activities and functions through participation in Executive Leadership team meetings.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
>4+ years of relevant experience at a top law firm or comparable in-house position.
> Licensed to practice law in at least one U.S. state.
>Excellent academic record at an ABA-accredited law school.
>Experience in training junior counsel for advancement and expanded opportunity.
>Demonstrated ability to leverage sound legal analysis to make considered business judgments.
>Demonstrated ability to collaborate with employees at all levels of the organization.
>Superb writing and presentation skills.
>Familiarity with some or all the following: environmental law, government contracting.
>Licensed to practice law in California.
>Familiarity with software licensing.
The Salesforce Development/QA Manager is responsible for the oversight of several engineering teams and the delivery of all development work for multiple projects that are in progress simultaneously. The Manager will work with the technical lead (s) to design and develop custom solutions for CSE’s internal and external clients. This is a hands-on developer position and will be the team Manager for a group of Salesforce engineers and QA engineers and will be accountable for the on-time and quality delivery of various product/project solution launches. CSE solutions are highly customized and include Integrations with 3rd party applications. This position reports to the Director of CSE’s Product Management and Platform Development team, collaborates with a team of business analysts, and front-end and back-end developers (including external development partners) to design, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions.
- 8+ yrs experience designing and developing complex Salesforce solutions
- 3+ yrs of direct responsibility/supervision for Salesforce development team (s) or as the technical lead with multiple direct report responsibility including mentoring, training, 1:1’s, goal setting and reviews
- Follow SDLC best practices in both an agile scrum or Kanban environment and have some sound experience with waterfall methodology, as well
- Hold the development teams accountable for quality of code, achieving committed work within a sprint or by project deadlines
- Work with the team to design solutions that leverage Salesforce best practices and introduce new technologies
- Oversee intake of business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Lead a team of Salesforce developers in complex custom developments of entire applications using Apex and LWC
- Lead a team of QA Engineers to ensure products and solutions are delivered to end users free of defects
- Identify and recommend salesforce.com based solutions, integration points and related implementation architecture for business usage improvements, scalability and performance
- Integrate Salesforce with other applications using web services and API’s
- Work with the team to complete solution design, timeline estimation, cost estimates for RFP’s, Contracts and Backlog Grooming Meetings
- Engage with Tech lead and/or lead code reviews to ensure best practice coding processes
- Identify any application/code security issues and recommend solutions to resolve them
- Strong foundation in version control, configuration management, deployment methodologies and release management
- Administer development tools and create processes involving source control, code management, continuous integration etc.
- Keep up to date with all upcoming Salesforce updates and ensure all CSE Salesforce Orgs remain operational by escalating to the Product Managers/Business Analysts any needed changes that should be added to the Product/Program roadmaps.
- 8+ years of Apex, VF and Salesforce application design and development experience
- 2+years of Lightning Framework Development Experience (LWC)
- Solid knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming technicques
- Expertise in Apex development, including in Trigger Frameworks, TDTM, and governor limits
- Significant experience with Model View Controller, Custom APIs, Web Serices, Rest APIs, and Version Control
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Advanced Salesforce certifications required – Platform Dev I, Platform Dev II, etc.
- 3+ years of directly managing a team of more than 5 people
- Bitbucket, Git or other Version Control Software experience
- Analytical problem solver who is passionate about delivering complex, quality solutions on time
Please Note: Must reside in Pacific Standard Time or Central Standard Time Zone
The Facilities & Operations Office Assistant provides general administration support by keeping maintenance records, hardware inventories, reports and coordinating training for CSE employees on operational procedures. Assists in onboarding new employees. Organizes and maintains clear and accurate operations documents and procedures for reference and corporate compliance.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and book travel for CSE personnel.
- Administer new employee orientation.
- Act as the administrator for VOIP phone systems.
- Assist with managing employee building access.
- Packaging & shipping of computer equipment and accessories.
- Assist IT in first level ops-related support, mailing equipment.
- Assist IT in tracking computers, monitors, etc. inventory and maintaining records.
- Manage Conference Rooms– coordinate workshop scheduling, trains staff on meeting room technology, troubleshoots issues with AV equipment.
- Assist with company procurement and inventory management.
- Assist in coordinating building maintenance and repairs.
- Reconcile credit card charges for general procurement and CSE travel expenses on a monthly basis.
- Manages and updates standard operations operating procedures on an annual basis.
- Manages inventory of offsite storage.
- Assist with company event planning.
- Provides back-up to Receptionist.
- Provides support for miscellaneous special projects such as those related to audits and special events.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Essential knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong customer service background, including good phone skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
- Working knowledge of computer systems and audio-visual equipment
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Knowledge of general administrative support functions
- Willingness to take on extra duties
- Technical aptitude to troubleshoot operations-related hardware & applications (e.g. phone system)
- High school diploma required
- Associate of Arts degree preferred
- 2-3 years of related experience
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- Driver’s license
- CSE’s Proposal Writer Specialist will be an integral part of the Business Development team in supporting responses to RFIs and RFPs. The role requires creation of compliant, compelling responses, creation of associated graphics, charts, tables, appendices, the review and editing of proposal responses for consistency and other information in support of proposal development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy and other elements during regular and core team review cycles to create the final proposal submission.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to develop creative strategies that effectively articulate customer needs and win themes critical to generating new business awards
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) to conceive, document, write, and articulate our solutions and experience against proposal requirements
- Assignments will include but are not limited to, leading written responses to technical, management, corporate experience, staffing rationale, etc. sections. Ability to understand and digest RFP requirements and respond with compliant and compelling solutions
- Develop structures to share information, update stakeholders and incorporate ongoing improvements into development processes
- Ability to understand and digest RFP requirements and respond with compliant and compelling solutions
- Perform strategic reviews of potential opportunities and make recommendations for pursuit
- Develop and implement process improvements to help improve proposal quality
- Ensures effective communication among internal stakeholders throughout the process so that the strategy drives the project, and the final document achieves its goals
- Meets deadlines consistently by establishing priorities and target dates for document contributions, review, and approval by key stakeholders including executive leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5+ years of related experience, 4+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to all types of solicitations
- Evidence of a successful track record of high quality, high scoring proposals
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Salesforce a plus
- Ability to work effectively under deadlines
The Salesforce Administrator is a core member of the Platform Development Team who will support several Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) Rebate Incentive Products, Programs and CRM’s. CSE solutions include application processing platforms for clean energy incentive programs, such as California’s Clean Vehicle Rebate Project (CVRP). These solutions use Salesforce Communities and are highly customized on the front and back-end. This position collaborates with various cross functional departments and other members of the Platform development team daily. These include Product Managers, Business Analysts, Front-end/ Back-end developers, Operations managers and Project Managers.
- Serve as primary System Administrator for the Salesforce.com environment with several hundred users and multiple orgs
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user, profiles, permission sets, roles, sharing rules, reports and dashboards, and other routine tasks
- Ability to customize workflows, page layouts, lightning record pages, formula fields, email templates, merge fields, custom applications.
- Manage and maintain custom meta data, custom labels, custom setting, connected applications, network access, connected applications.
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds, 3rd party applications, and other integrations
- Work with team-members to establish suitable processes to support administrative, development, and change management activities
- Assist in training of new users, and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization
- Effectively act as the liaison and primary point of contact with 3rd party vendors
- Participate in Use Acceptance Test and data staging for new developments toward Production data configurations.
- Manage and maintain security levels for objects, sharing models, fields, public sites, and communities.
- Uphold and adhere to the company system security and policy.
- Manage 3rd party licenses - orders and invoicing
- Proven knowledge and expertise with Salesforce Admin functions.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle and prioritize simultaneous requests, and manage laterally and upwards
- Must have excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Must demonstrate exceptional written documentation for new and existing Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems, and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience as a Salesforce Administrator
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required
- Advanced Salesforce Administrator Certification preferred
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Health care & dependent care flexible spending account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Long-term Disability
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Transportation flexible spending account
- Gym/fitness reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Shield & ID protection option
- Alternative work schedule (not available for senior leadership positions)