Join our team of passionate professionals forging the path to decarbonization
Whether you’re a seasoned environmentalist or someone who’s always wanted to be part of a greater movement for a sustainable future, you’ll be in good company at CSE. From project managers to energy efficiency gurus, EV enthusiasts to data nerds, we’re each doing our little part to make a big impact.
We move at the speed of business and operate with the heart of a nonprofit. This means we have a strong corporate infrastructure that includes finance, information technology, human resources and marketing functions that work together with our program administration teams to achieve our mission.
7 Jobs at CSEDisplaying 6 - 7 of 7
The Salesforce Development/QA Manager is responsible for the oversight of several engineering teams and the delivery of all development work for multiple projects that are in progress simultaneously. The Manager will work with the technical lead (s) to design and develop custom solutions for CSE’s internal and external clients. This is a hands-on developer position and will be the team Manager for a group of Salesforce engineers and QA engineers and will be accountable for the on-time and quality delivery of various product/project solution launches. CSE solutions are highly customized and include Integrations with 3rd party applications. This position reports to the Director of CSE’s Product Management and Platform Development team, collaborates with a team of business analysts, and front-end and back-end developers (including external development partners) to design, develop, deploy, and maintain solutions.
Salary range: $170,000 - $190,000
- 8+ yrs experience designing and developing complex Salesforce solutions
- 3+ yrs of direct responsibility/supervision for Salesforce development team (s) or as the technical lead with multiple direct report responsibility including mentoring, training, 1:1’s, goal setting and reviews
- Follow SDLC best practices in both an agile scrum or Kanban environment and have some sound experience with waterfall methodology, as well
- Hold the development teams accountable for quality of code, achieving committed work within a sprint or by project deadlines
- Work with the team to design solutions that leverage Salesforce best practices and introduce new technologies
- Oversee intake of business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Lead a team of Salesforce developers in complex custom developments of entire applications using Apex and LWC
- Lead a team of QA Engineers to ensure products and solutions are delivered to end users free of defects
- Identify and recommend salesforce.com based solutions, integration points and related implementation architecture for business usage improvements, scalability and performance
- Integrate Salesforce with other applications using web services and API’s
- Work with the team to complete solution design, timeline estimation, cost estimates for RFP’s, Contracts and Backlog Grooming Meetings
- Engage with Tech lead and/or lead code reviews to ensure best practice coding processes
- Identify any application/code security issues and recommend solutions to resolve them
- Strong foundation in version control, configuration management, deployment methodologies and release management
- Administer development tools and create processes involving source control, code management, continuous integration etc.
- Keep up to date with all upcoming Salesforce updates and ensure all CSE Salesforce Orgs remain operational by escalating to the Product Managers/Business Analysts any needed changes that should be added to the Product/Program roadmaps.
- 8+ years of Apex, VF and Salesforce application design and development experience
- 2+years of Lightning Framework Development Experience (LWC)
- Solid knowledge and experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming technicques
- Expertise in Apex development, including in Trigger Frameworks, TDTM, and governor limits
- Significant experience with Model View Controller, Custom APIs, Web Serices, Rest APIs, and Version Control
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering preferred)
- Advanced Degree preferred
- Advanced Salesforce certifications required – Platform Dev I, Platform Dev II, etc.
- 3+ years of directly managing a team of more than 5 people
- Bitbucket, Git or other Version Control Software experience
- Analytical problem solver who is passionate about delivering complex, quality solutions on time
Please Note: Must reside in Pacific Standard Time or Central Standard Time Zone
This position is CA/REMOTE eligible.
Pay Range: $128,700 - $175,000
The Senior Director of Policy leads all CSE’s policy activities, including regulatory, governmental affairs, coalition building, and external relations, and serves on CSE’s Executive Leadership Team, which charts the strategic direction of the organization and manages its daily execution.
CSE’s policy group leverages CSE’s deep program operating experience and equally deep quantitative and qualitative data analytics capabilities to deliver unique, data-driven, operating experience-based policy recommendations to elected officials, regulators, and other clean energy stakeholders. CSE regularly engages with state and local officials and the senior-most ranks of federal leadership.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establish a strategic vision and implementation plan that aligns policy initiatives with existing and developing clean energy programs.
- Infuse policy communications with the data analytics and program operating experience that makes CSE’s policy engagement unique.
- Oversee cross-department communication to ensure that CSE’s data analytics and program experience both inform and are informed by the policy team
- Lead the Policy team in defining CSE positions, informed by CSE’s data analytics and program experience, on specific legislative and regulatory efforts in Distributed Energy Resources, Transportation, and Climate Change.
- Represent CSE, its programs, and its policy positions in public forums.
- Lead annual and multi-year resource planning and budgeting for the Policy team[LG1] .
- Oversee all aspects of Policy team success, including priority setting, budgeting, reporting, analysis, quality control, and employee development and performance.
- Lead a team of policy and subject-matter experts to ensure programs follow regulatory and legislative requirements for implementation and reporting.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with partners and clients to position CSE for continued growth.
- Recruit, manage and mentor a team of policy specialists to support the development and execution of CSE’s policy objectives.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish, and monitor priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Promote a culture of respect, performance, continuous learning, and a commitment to the individual.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Deep familiarity with the California clean energy policy landscape at the state and local level and with a federal energy policy that affects California.
- Demonstrated ability to interact directly with key stakeholders in the California policy environment, including experience with CARB, CEC and CPUC.
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining relationships with industry stakeholders and appointed and elected officials.
- Ability to create and identify policy opportunities, develop forward-looking strategies, build partnerships, and lead a cross-functional team to achieve organizational success.
- Ability to support the organization’s strategic planning process and help define potential opportunities.
- Significant experience writing and editing official reports, comments, and analyses, as well as developing new policy concepts in regulatory and legislative settings.
- Outstanding communication skills with the proven ability to utilize these skills across groups within and outside the organization, including as a public speaker and spokesperson.
- Management experience, including tactical decision-making, facilitation, communications, and the ability to develop and attain goals.
- Demonstrated experience growing and leading teams to success.
- Commitment to values of mutual respect and collaboration, teamwork and diversity.
- Motivated and inspirational, capable of mobilizing a large workforce around a shared mission.
- Self-directed, effective communicator, strong time management skills, and a creative problem solver.
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment with the ability to quickly learn new policies, concepts, and technologies.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the energy policy landscape and appointed and elected officials in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Oregon, Washington, Illinois, Florida, Ohio and/or Texas
- Experience with federal clean energy policy and regulatory stakeholders
- Demonstrated familiarity with the EV, EV charging, solar and storage ecosystems in the US.
- Understanding the multidisciplinary aspects of energy and transportation projects including planning, permitting, finance, and technology.
- Knowledge of state energy and transportation policies, priorities, and budgets and ability to identify opportunities for growth for CSE programs.
- Business/finance skills are sufficient to understand and develop budgets.
- Demonstrated success in drafting scopes of work, budgets, and complex proposals that result in contracts.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Master’s Degree, Juris Doctorate, or Ph.D.
- 15+ years of direct experience or a combination of direct experience and relevant graduate-level education. Management level at nonprofit, state or federal agency, clean energy and/or utility company is preferred.
Licenses, Certificates or Registrations:
- None required.
- Works in an office environment or a home office
- California based
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick time
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Health care & dependent care flexible spending account
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Long-term Disability
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Supplemental life insurance
- Transportation flexible spending account
- Gym/fitness reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Legal Shield & ID protection option
- Alternative work schedule (not available for senior leadership positions)