About the Center for Sustainable Energy®
Center for Sustainable Energy (CSE) is an independent, mission-driven nonprofit organization with offices in San Diego, Oakland, Los Angeles and Boston. We accelerate the adoption of clean and efficient energy solutions via program administration, technical assistance, policy innovation, and other forms of market facilitation. We are uniquely positioned and engaged with a variety of stakeholders and market actors, including policy-makers, state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, utilities, business and civic leaders, and individuals in both the general market and equity sectors. Our technical areas of focus include distributed energy resources (renewable energy, energy efficiency, energy storage, fuel cells, combined heat and power) and clean transportation.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of a Project Manager and working closely with others on DER and at CSE, the Senior Project Coordinator will:
- Ensure that all policy and reporting standards are met, and procedures are followed by the project team. Verify that projects have implemented standards, work methods and processes. Recommend procedural changes to improve efficiency.
- Accurately track program data in Excel and/or customer relationship management software. Organize and analyze data to inform reporting requirements and program design improvements.
- Resolve complex problems within area of responsibility. Consults relevant documentation and liaises with appropriate resources to obtain and provide information on diverse and complex issues.
- Research and communicate program and policy information.
- Create program reports and presentations. Contribute to data analysis and writing of program and policy reports.
- Acts independently to prioritize work to accomplish urgent/unplanned deliverables on an as-needed basis.
- Provide central organizational contact for extended team and stakeholders.
- Provide application management and QA / QC support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills with superior attention to detail.
- Understand and document processes at a conceptual level, show others how to follow them correctly, and answer questions about how the process works.
- Proven problem-solving and critical thinking skills. Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion and initiative to address problems and develop solutions.
- Familiarity with clean energy marketplace, local, regional and national clean energy programs.
- Ability and willingness to identify project improvements and take initiative on tasks not directly assigned, exercise key judgement within defined parameters and take appropriate actions when deviations are required.
- Ability to prioritize to meet tight deadlines. Effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, and work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of project management and best practices with data entry and documentation.
- Competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, and instructions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service and interpersonal skills. Ability to act with discretion, tact and professionalism, applying principles of sound business communication.
- Participate and present CSE DER programs information and updates at events, webinars and workshops (working on evenings and weekends may be required).
- Ability to follow through on assignments and projects within required budgets and deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including proficiency in typing, spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Familiarity with standard office procedures, filing, telephone techniques and operation of office equipment.
- Demonstrated fluency in using standard office software packages (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to create well-formatted documents and materials.
- A proven ability to learn new technology and program settings.
- A passion for sustainable energy, customers and solving problems quickly and creatively will be valued.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish or English/Chinese) strongly preferred.
- Experience with GoTo Webinar or GoToMeeting/Join.me.
- Experience with CRM software.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of related experience, including supporting clean energy and sustainability programs and projects preferred.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating events and stakeholder meetings.